Posts By: admin
There is nothing more exciting than swimming in your backyard. During the hot Texas summer, it is an excellent way to cool down, entertain family and friends, and get exercise. However, unless you have the right pool deck, you may not have as much fun as you would with the right surface material. SunStamp, a superior stamped concrete product, solves many of the issues that pool decks present.
For one thing, SunStamp creates a comfortable walking surface. Especially for the elderly and small children, a rough surface can be hard on the feet. With this stamped concrete solution, you can choose from a variety of textures that transform the area around the pool into something comfortable that changes the overall appearance.
Something else to consider is that some homes have pool decks with cookie-cutter designs. That means that every house on your block has a swimming pool that appears identical. If you want a customized pool deck, SunStamp is the answer. By using various templates, stamps, and freeform carving, an experienced installer can create virtually any look you want, making your backyard stand out.
You can also select from a broad range of colors to give your pool deck personality and character. With SunStamp, the artisan uses colored oxides, stains, and acrylic finish coats that give the surface a beautiful color based on your preference. That puts you in control of the deck’s appearance, whether you plan on keeping things elegant and sophisticated, casual and comfy, or perhaps somewhat eclectic.
You will love the fact that in addition to pool decks, with SunStamp, you can transform other concrete surfaces, as well as those made of stucco, brick, drywall, and more. As a result, you can choose the same design and color for your backyard patio or walkway, or if preferred, you can get something entirely different. With so much versatility, the sky is the limit.
For a lot of people, the garage is more than just a place to park cars. Instead, they use this part of San Antonio homes to store lawn and garden equipment, bikes, boxed goods, and so on. In fact, many have a garage/workshop combination where they work on various projects. If this sounds like you, you need garage floors that can handle a significant amount of daily use and abuse yet still look incredible.
The problem is that unless you select the right product, you will ultimately end up with abrasions, pit marks, stains, and other damages. For that reason, you should select a top-of-the-line product like SunEpoxy 100. This particular coating protects the garage floors at your San Antonio home from all this and more while, at the same time, it looks stunning.
Along with durability, you want garage floors for your San Antonio home with personality and character. With epoxy, you have a broad range of color choices. You can even have different design elements added such as metallic flakes or chips, as well as aggregates including pebbles, colored glass, and quartz beads.
The floors in your garage will resist oil and grease, hot tire marks, and the new décor will make the space more enjoyable. After all, if you spend a lot of time in your garage, you deserve an area that looks nice. With such a seamless surface, you will never worry about sustaining an injury from an accidental fall.
Also, epoxy garage floors resist moisture. When it’s time to clean out this area of your San Antonio home, simply raise the door and using a garden hose, spray out any dirt and debris. Follow that up with a squeegee to remove excess water and in no time, you can go back to working on your current project.
Home and business owners throughout San Antonio, Texas, discovered the incredible transformation the comes from choosing the right pool deck repair solution. With Sundek products like Tuscan, Classic Texture, SunStamp, and more, people can completely change both the appearance and functionality of pool decks.
Residential Pool Deck
As an example, one homeowner’s pool area had begun to deteriorate. With surface imperfections starting to appear, the couple thought they would have the entire deck removed and re-poured. After researching the Tuscan product, a handcrafted overlay, they discovered they could restore the existing surface.
These people had a professional installer apply a new surface in a beautiful terra cotta color. After having the pool deck resurfaced, they were so impressed that they asked a contractor to add a seating area off to the side. The same contractor covered the new concrete with the same Tuscan overlay. Now, they enjoy spending more time outdoors entertaining family and friends.
Hotel Pool Deck
Then there was a hotel owner in San Antonio, Texas. Realizing he was losing customers to the competition, he decided to give his pool area a makeover. In his case, he selected SunStone, an architectural limestone coating. With the pool deck repair done and the overlay applied, he did a little advertising. In no time, began to see his hotel business flourish.
Pool Deck Repair Options
With so many incredible pool deck repair solutions, you too can change the way your residential or commercial pool area looks. Along with different overlays to resurface the concrete, you can choose from a broad range of colors or color combinations. In fact, a professional installer can add unique design elements based on what you like best. Some examples include score line cuts, masonry effects, and aggregates.
The results are stunning. Not only does the pool deck look new and fresh, but it is more durable and longer lasting. You can even enjoy a slip-resistant surface, which dramatically reduces the risk of someone slipping and getting hurt. Using Sundek products, decorative concrete overlays make the perfect pool deck repair solution.
To have decorative concrete coatings applied inside or outside of your San Antonio home, you need to make several important decisions. The choices you make determine the outcome of the project and, thus, your satisfaction. Along with selecting a superior-quality product, like Tuscan or SunStone, it is imperative that you hire the right decorative concrete contractor in San Antonio.
The following tips will help guide you to a reputable decorative concrete contractor in San Antonio.
- Reputation – Look for a contractor who has an excellent reputation for achieving above-average results when installing decorative concrete coatings. To accomplish that, start by reading online customer feedback, testimonials, and reviews. Ask for referrals from family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers who recently had this type of work done. Also, get references from any contractors of interest. When contacting past customers, inquire about performance, quality, reliability, and professionalism.
- Licensing and Insurance –
Make sure you select a decorative concrete contractor in San Antonio who has both licensing and insurance. The individual should have a current contracting license for this type of work and proper insurance coverage. That way, if something of yours accidentally breaks or the contractor sustains an injury, liability falls back on him or her, not you. This individual should also know the correct procedure for securing permits, if needed.
- Experience – If possible, hire a contractor with a minimum five-year history of applying decorative concrete coatings. If your contractor will be creating sophisticated color or design elements, experience becomes even more crucial.
- Expertise – All coatings are unique. That is why it is essential to hire a decorative concrete contractor in San Antonio who specializes in the product and technique you prefer. For example, if you want a kitchen floor that looks like natural slate, the professional should have expertise working with a product like SunStone, as well as the process involved.
While many people invest in having the interior of their homes designed and decorated, they forget about the exterior. Curb appeal goes beyond enhancing the outside of a house in that it adds value. For instance, if you plan to sell your home within the next five years, any one of these suggested driveway ideas will make your property far more marketable. Even if you stay, your house will stand out as one of the most beautiful in the neighborhood.
The good news is that by using one of the top decorative concrete products available, like Classic Texture and SunStamp, there are no limitations as to what you can accomplish.
- Old-World Charm – Especially for a Tudor or cottage style house, one of the best driveway ideas involves having the surface stamped to look like brick. If you have ever traveled to a quaint part of Europe, you probably saw brick-covered roads. You can create that same charming look at your home by having a stamped overlay applied.
- Waterfront Property – Whether you live near Mustang Island or have a lakefront property, one of the top driveway ideas is to have an overlay applied that mimics the appearance of river rock or cobblestone. This particular design is not only stunning to look at, but it also creates a slip-resistant surface. In fact, you can have different colors added to further enhance the appearance of your home.
- Personalization – When it comes to driveway ideas, most people want something unique. An acrylic spray texture overlay allows you to create a one-of-a-kind surface that looks beautiful and lasts a long time. The way to personalize this is by having the installer customize the overlay using masonry effects, score cut lines, or various aggregates.
Even if you live in a community where the majority of houses look the same, you can make yours stand out by changing the appearance of your driveway. Remember, when working with an expert, you can always ask for driveway ideas. Having transformed many homes, that individual can offer endless suggestions